Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Another Frugal Almuerzo - Chicken Salad Wrap

Chicken Salad Wrap

While this is another frugal lunch, it also demonstrates why I enjoy being frugal.

I am not an artist nor am I truly creative but being frugal does stimulate my imagination and creativity as well as challenging my cooking skills.

Plus, I continue to try and get my meal costs lower.

When I get my servicio de domicilio almuerzo (lunch) ($70 pesos with tip = 3 meals) delivered once a week, it comes with about five corn tortillas. I don’t usually eat them with my meal, I often put them on a plate, microwave them for 2 minutes on each side and make corn chips. But, today, I decided to make chicken wraps.

When I get Chinese carryout ($88 with tip) about once a month, I can make about 4-5 meals out of it.

Dicing a few pieces of chicken from my Chinese takeout, I mixed in 1/4 diced red onion, a heaping tablespoon of mayo, a few chunks of pineapple, a few grinds of ground black pepper, and a dash of lemon juice. Using corn tortillas from my servicio de domicilio, I had enough for more than two chicken wraps.

I have found a new way to increase the number of meals I can get from my servicio de domicillo and Chinese takeout!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.