Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Imitation Tuna Fish

Working on a second edition of Recipes from the Kitchen of a Frugal Non-Cook, has been another adventure and research always leads to more experiments, discoveries and questions.

I love Tuna Fish. (Thank you Wikipedia for image and information.)



But, I also love animals and struggle with the fact that the methods used to catch tuna fish not only contribute to overfishing and possible species extinction, but also to the death of other animals in the process.

So, I am exploring the concept of "Sustainable Seafood." In the meantime, I thought I'd try making imitation Tuna Fish.


Imitation Tuna Fish

Ingredients:

6 Tbspns cooked garbanzo beans, drained
1/8 - 1/4 Red onion, diced
1 Heaping Tbspn Mayo
1 Tbspn Pickle relish
4-5 Twists from Black Pepper grinder
4-5 Shakes Paprika

2 Slices Multi-Grain Bread, toasted

Process:

Place garbanzo beans in a bowl.
Mash well with a fork.
Add onion, may, relish and seasonings to taste.
Stir well. Mash beans some more if necessary.
Spread a tablespoon of mixture on a slice of toast.
Top with second slice.
Cut sandwich in half.

Option: add teaspoon of leftover sardine oil.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.