Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Scary Halloween Wedge Salad and Maryland Redmon Fruity French Toast

On a recent family visit, all my family are good cooks, so at meals, I struggled to contribute. Usually, I set the table.

On Halloween eve, I tried my "use what you got" approach. So, I scrounged the frig and cabinets and came up with "Scary Halloween Wedge Salad."

I used what was left of a head of lettuce and quartered it with a large knife. I placed each wedge into an individual bowl. Then, I added some sliced olives and cherry tomatoes. Found some avocado, added some slices of that, too. Then sprinkled on some goat cheese and grated carrots on top. Seasoned it with grated black peppercorns, a few sliced hot peppers and a little lime juice. 


Everybody liked it.

Then one morning, I tried the same approach. I made "Maryland Redmon Fruity French Toast."

French toast is probably one of the easiest meals to make. I used multi-grain bread slices. I broke three eggs into a bowl and added a dollop of milk, then with a fork stirred and whisked the mixture thoroughly.

Then, I dipped each slice into the batter and placed them in a skillet with melted butter. I cooked the slices until they were very brown on both sides. Then, I removed the slices and placed them on a individual serving plate. I put a dab of butter in between two slices. Then,  sliced strawberries and bananas were added on top. Then I sprinkled some fresh blueberries on top and on the plate. Serve with syrup.


Everybody liked it. Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.