Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Yogurt, Fruit and Oatmeal Parfait

Update: 3/5/16, changed picture (while it looks similar, the ingredients used varies slightly, one difference, I used plain greek yogurt which is more solid.)

This is one of my favorite recipes so far.

It is a meal in a glass. I find it filling. It can be a breakfast dish or a dessert.

Another reason I like this recipe is that it’s hard to make a mistake with it.


Yogurt, Fruit and Oatmeal Parfait
(Adapted from: http://www.bestbonesforever.gov/recipes_main/Breakfast/breakfast.html)


Ingredients

1 tall glass

 3 oz yogurt, plain or fruit flavored

1/8 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (optional)

2 tablespoons oatmeal (or cereal)

1+ tablespoon pineapple chunks (canned)

1+ tablespoon peach halves, diced (canned)

1 banana, sliced

4 tspns mixed nuts and raisins, crushed

honey





Process

Stir vanilla into plain yogurt or use fruit flavored yogurt.

In the glass, layer yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, banana, nut mix, then start a new layer. Add layers to fill the glass.

Top off with nut mix, banana slices and a drizzle of honey.

Optional: Use any fruit you like.





Notes
Most of the yogurt in Mexico where I live is a drink, not an semi-solid from a container, so I do not really get a yogurt layer.

I make a peanuts, raisins, fried plantain chips, sunflower seed, and soy nut mix for snacks. I put 4 tablespoons of the mix in a plastic bag and crushed/smashed the mix with my solid wood cutting board. No damage to board or me.

I had tried this before with fruit flavored yogurt but I like the plain yogurt mixed with vanilla flavoring better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.